FIELD TESTING OF ULTRASOUND TRANSDUCERS
- The repair facility for conquest imaging,performs several tests that are difficult or impossible to do when in the field.
- This includes things such as a computer-generated platform of tests that electronically measure element sensitivity-cable capacitance and overall performance.
- There are several ways to field test a transducer.
VISUAL AND MECHANICAL INSPECTION
- Begin with the lens and check for nicks,cuts or gaps between the nosepiece and lens or lens swelling.
- While watching the image,holds the scan head by strain relief and look for drop outs or noise being generated in the image.
- Inspect the connector for any broken or bent pins and remove from service immediately any probes that have connector damage.
- A bend or broken pin can damages the connector board on a system,it will damage the next probe that is plugged into that port.
- By preparing a water bath with a saline solution.
- By setting up leakage meter,
- Energizing the probe with the ultrasound system
- Inserting the nosepiece in the solution and then completing the circuit by inserting leakage probe into the solution and then lifting the ground.
- This way you can test for transducer leakage current.
|ELECTRICAL LEAKAGE TEST|
Post a Comment