TEE PROBE DISINFECTION
TIPS FOR TEE PROBE DISINFECTION
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram(TEE) probes are expensive and delicate.It must be carefully maintained and high level disinfected to prevent the transmission of disease or infection to a patient.
- Need to protect patients from possibly dangerous electrical currents.
- To destroy microorganisms on items that have come in contact with skin.
- For TEE probes,high level disinfection is achieved by soaking in cidex OPA.
- The long insertion tube can be unwidely to disinfect because of its length.
- Even a small tap to the distal tip can damage the probe.
- We should take extra caution when handling the probe-whether its rinsing,transporting or sorting.
1.TEE PROBE COVERS
1.TEE PROBE COVERS
- A probe cover or sheath is required every time a probe is used in an application.
- It prevents cross contamination
- It reduces the need of sterilization after each use.
|TEE PROBE COVER|
During a manual disinfection process,soak the probe for some time.
Over-soaking the probe can be corrosive.
Curved tubes make easy to insert and remove tubes.
|TEE PROBE SOAKING STATION|
- Be sure to rinse properly.
- Some disinfectants are more difficult to rinse off the probe.
- Most of the automated TEE probe disinfector is designed to provide high level disinfection of TEE probe.
- Complete with in five minutes.
- Five individual rinse cycles after disinfection cycle is complete.
- Automated the soak and rinsing and provides a fully automated disinfection log.
- Automate or reprocessing probes,it must pre-clean your devices properly.
- First pre-clean at bedside and then clean using an enzymatic detergent.
C-ELECTRICAL LEAK TEST
- A damage probe can lead to chemical burning due to improperly rinsed disinfectant or an electrical shock to the patient.
|TEE PROBE ELECTRICAL LEAKAGE TEST|
- The storage rack provides protection for the transducer probes and transducer connector not in use.
- It protects the electrical connector within the transducer connector from contamination and damage.
- It also provides a safe storage capacity for the transducer probe and reduced stress on the electrical cable between the transducer connector.
|TEE STORAGE CABINET|