WHEN WE NEED TO REPAIR THE PROBE ????
- Many of the probe damages are repairable at initial state. But in many cases the Practitioners fail to identify or avoid such small damages: and this lead to non repairable probe damage.
- How to identify whether your probe need a service or not.....??? for that observe the following.
1. Cracked lens / Air bubble on lens
- If your probe has such marks or air bubble inside it, you should get it repaired
- Once you noticed the separation of the strain relief from connector or head, don't wait to get it repaired. Once the sensitive insides are exposed, they can be easily damaged, leading to more costly repairs.
- Cuts or tears in the sheath can leads to serious probe damage and is also harmful for patients too.
5. Shadows and lights in image / Dropout
- It can be due to lens failure,cable failure or due to crystal failure. To identify the exact reason the probe need to be checked. All most all these problems are rectifiable.
6. Artifacts on screen and Probe leakage
- The internal damages can be the reason for this. to identify the real reason you need to check the probe
Ref : PROBE LOGIC,AUSTRALIA