ULTRASOUND PROBE DAMAGES AND OUT COMES
LIST OF SOME PHYSICAL ULTRASOUND TRANSDUCER PROBLEMS
- CABLE BREAK
- LAYER DAMAGE
- AIR BUBBLE
- CRYSTAL DAMAGE
PROBE WITH CABLE BREAK AND RESULT
PROBE WITH LAYER DAMAGE AND RESULT
- If you have deal with a broken probe cable,it causes frustrating problems like color noise in the ultrasound image.
- This has a direct effect on the quality of care you provide to your patients.
- Usually identify a broken probe cable with ease by visually inspecting it.
- Broken cable due to normal wear and tear.
|CABLE BREAK ULTRASOUND PROBE
- Commonly due to a hole in the lens.
- Caused by a hit with another object or the floor.
- It can also be caused by wear and tear of the wires or a cut of the wire by a sharp object.
|LAYER DAMAGED ULTRASOUND PROBE
PROBE WITH AIR BUBBLE AND RESULT
- This is also happening due to the improper cleaning and repeated use.
- This may leads to delamination and will not get ultrasound image.
- Eliminating air between the transducer and the patients skin allows for better imaging.
PRESENCE OF AIR BUBBLE
PROBE WITH DEAD CRYSTALS AND RESULT
- Crystal damage occurs when the probe is not disinfected properly or when it is dropped.
- Array damage can often be avoided with proper probe care or handling.
- Crystal damage causes large dropouts while scanning and or color noise,lowering the overall quality of your ultrasound image.
|CRYSTAL DAMAGED ULTRASOUND PROBE