MATRIX ARRAY PROBES
WHAT IS A MATRIX ARRAY PROBE ?????
2D Matrix array is a new technology for the performance of 3D and 4D ultrasonography. It has a 2-dimensional arrangements of transducer elements like squares on a chessboard. This allows having control over the sound beams in 2 perpendicular angles with that one can steer and focus the sound beam in a whole volume of interest.
STRUCTURE OF THE PROBE
Below figure shows the structure of a 2D matrix probe.
- Transducer arrays : - Large number of piezoelectric materials arranged in an array manner (Patches)
- Integrated circuit units :- To control the transmitted and received signals
- Inter connection :- Electrical Connections with in the probe
HOW IT WORKS ????
These type probes allow direct volume scanning by electronically interrogation of a region of interest and acquisition of a pyramidal volume of ultrasound data at the rate of 24 volume with 3D/4D ultrasonography. The matrix arrangement of the elements allows their phasic firing produce an ultrasound beam that can be steer in axial,lateral and elevation directions in order to acquire the volumetric data set. Then the signals from each arrays are summed in order to reduce the number of digital lines in the coaxial cable.
|BEAM FORMATION IN A MATRIX ARRAY PROBE|
- Used in obstetrics for the evaluation of fetal heart
- Cardiac and Abdominal Evaluation
SOME MATRIX ARRAY PROBES
- GE M4S
- PHILIPS X7-2t
- SEIMENS 4Z1C
- GE 6TV
To know more details about matrix array probes call 9847069684
Post a Comment