CHALLENGES IN THE DISINFECTION OF
- The disinfection system for ultrasound probes that today is the most widely used system in medical facilities across the country.
- The safest approach is always use a disinfection soak station with vapor control when soaking an instrument in any high-level disinfectant.
- Ultrasound departments are faced with their own unique issues when it comes to high-level disinfection. Challenges related to safety, rinse, time, temperature and probe disinfection depth are among the most common.
THE RINSE CONTROVERSY
- One widely used technique of rinsing endovaginal/endorectal probes after disinfection is to hold it under a faucet of running water for at least a minute.
- A typical faucet flow rate is approximately three minute.