ULTRASOUND TRANSDUCER COVERS
These are the materials helping to prevent transfer of microorganisms, body fluid and particulate materials to the patient and health care workers during reuse of the transducers.
Need of Ultrasound covers
- Prevents cross contamination
- Reduces the need of sterilization after each use
- Prevents the direct contact between gel and probe head ,hence reduces the risk of probe damage.
- Latex Type
- Latex free Type
- Self adhesive Type
- Cover material is latex
Later free Type
- Cover material is Polyurethane
Self Adhesive latex free Type
- Cover material is Polyethylene
- It eliminates the use of gels.
Properties of covers based on the applications
Covers used for urology and Gynecology applications
- Made of very tear resistance materials
- Straight or tapered shape
- Sterile and non Sterile versions are available
- Latex free products
- Sterile and non sterile versions are available.